|Position Description: *
||The Finance Manager position is dynamic, requiring an individual that adapts quickly to change, including annual Junior League of Oklahoma City (JLOC) leadership transitions. The Finance Manager must also respond efficiently to work and project plans, meet deadlines, and support the diverse needs of JLOC’s members.
The Finance Manager is responsible for all financial reporting for the JLOC including reconciling accounts, preparing internal financial reports, overseeing daily accounting activities, overseeing the annual audit, and tax return completion. To ensure proper internal control, the Finance Manager does not have any signing abilities on League bank accounts.
The Finance Manager works independently with general supervision, exercising independent judgment and initiative. The Finance Manager must maintain a good working relationship and cooperative attitude with the members of JLOC and the public while accomplishing duties. The Finance Manager also performs additional duties as may be assigned and required to support JLOC’s operations.
ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Write accounts payable checks weekly ensuring, accurate account coding and approvals.
• Make timely deposits, ensuring accurate account coding and recording in QuickBooks.
• Answer any questions related to financial matters including, but not limited to, investments, cash holdings, budgets, and accounts payables.
• Provide training and insight to volunteers as needed related to financial matters of JLOC.
• Attend League General Membership Meetings and/or League Committee Meetings as requested.
• Ensure Chart of Accounts is accurate and up-to-date.
• Backup QuickBooks daily.
• Maintain QuickBooks check supplies, bank deposit stamps, and deposit slips.
• Creates, monitors, and assists with any financial entries in the Digital Cheetah software program and ensure transactions processed through the website are reconciled with QuickBooks.
• With the Finance VP, serves as contact for banking, insurance, and investment relationships of JLOC. The Finance Manager has no authority to make decisions in these areas without expressed consent of the Finance VP or President of JLOC.
• Reconcile accounts monthly through the month-end closing process and review for quality control.
• Make necessary journal entries in order to close the month-end books, including those related to postage and insurance allocations.
• Reconcile due to/from and transfer accounts.
• Prepare monthly financial reports in a timely matter and circulate to the Finance VP, Fundraising VP, President, President-Elect, and others as needed. Ensure the financial reports are included in the monthly Board Packet.
• Assist Fundraising VP and Finance VP with sending dues letters, pledge reminders, and tax letters to League Donors.
• Meet with the Finance VP monthly to review financial statements and matters.
• Keep detailed files, by month, for the monthly closing process for review by the Finance VP.
• Record all journal entries recommended by Auditors following the annual audit.
• Work with technology provider to effect anti-virus, off-site back-up, and other applicable software installations to the finance computer.
• Oversee scheduling and performance of annual financial audit and completion of annual tax return, including, but not limited to the collection of appropriate paperwork, files, and data as requested by the Auditor.
• Review financial audit prior to submission to Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
• Provide documentation to Finance VP to assist in preparing the budget spreadsheets and coordinating the annual budget process.
• Assist with other duties as requested by the President, President-Elect, Finance VP, and/or Fundraising VP.
• Process payroll checks through QuickBooks using direct deposit.
• Submit monthly Federal and State withholding reports online.
• Submit quarterly 941 Payroll Tax Return and State Unemployment Report.
• Prepare, send, and file W-2s and 1099s annually with the IRS.
• Update payroll subscription with QuickBooks annually and install updates timely.
OTHER FINANCIAL DUTIES:
• Coordinate annual Workers Compensation audit with insurance carrier and provide documentation as requested.
• Coordinate change in bank account signors and credit card issuances in conjunction with League leadership transitions each spring.
• Investigate financial related issues as they arise.
Microsoft Office Programs including Outlook, Excel, and Word
General office equipment including personal computer and multi-line phone system
C.P.A. preferred, but not required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Accounting/Bookkeeping experience
• Positive attitude and professional appearance
• Able to multitask while maintaining efficiency
• Proactive and able to anticipate needs and issues
• Person of strong character and integrity
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Highly organized and able to establish and maintain office organization
• Use of personal vehicle may be needed on occasion
• Attention to detail
• Customer service oriented
• Provides supportive role
• Able to work independently with little supervision