|Position Description: *
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties in a professional manner, working closely with NSO’s program directors, managers, and supervisor to support NSO’s operations. The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for carrying out the HR functions of the organization, including recruiting, training, employee relations, performance management, and employment law and best practice compliance.
· Conduct recruitment effort for all positions below that of CEO, including internal and external posting, participating in job fairs and other recruitment efforts, pre-screening applicants, scheduling interviews, coordinating drug tests and background checks, and preparing offer letters.
· Coordinate with program supervisors to create training schedule for new hires; oversee completion of all new-hire paperwork; conduct employee orientation; and overseeing the onboarding process.
· Perform benefits administration including communicating benefit information to employees, enrolling and terminating benefits and organizing open enrollment. Process required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
· Serve as the COBRA Administrator for NSO.
· Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services provided; Assist in the updating and implementation of employment policies and procedures.
· Administer and oversee safety and recreation programs and activities; serve as primary contact for workers’ compensation-related matters.
· Assist managers and supervisors on performance management issues, and oversee the performance management process and systems.
· In conjunction with managers and supervisors, prepare and update job descriptions, including all essential duties, and physical and mental demands.
· Organize trainings for all employees and maintain all related records.
· Assist supervisors and managers with employee relations issues.
· Oversee NSO’s anti-discrimination and anti-harassment program; serve as main point of contact and facilitate the interactive process for all requests for accommodations; serve as point of contact for employee grievances or complaints of harassment/discrimination and coordinate investigation, response, and remedy (if applicable).
· Oversee the off-boarding process, including conducting exit interviews, sending out appropriate notices, collecting NSO property, and terminating employee access to facilities and systems.
· Maintain all employment-related files, including personnel files, medical files, I-9s, training records, etc.
· Manage and maintain HRIS system.
· Review all timekeeping and time-off requests for compliance with policies.
· Other duties as assigned.
Transforming lives and encouraging independence through safe, healthy homes, dental care and nutrition.