The CEO is charged with building on MAW-OK’s years of success, realizing the organization’s vision, and achieving its goals for continued financial stability and community engagement. The CEO is the chief spokesperson repre-senting the organization to constituencies, both internal and external. In addition to the operational, financial and administrative duties, the scope of responsibility includes overseeing program management, fund develop-ment, marketing, community relations, and strategic thinking and planning. The CEO will build, foster, and main-tain a balanced organizational culture that combines the richness and relevance of programs with the efficacy of best business practices, fiscal accountability, and institutional impact.
• Passion for Make-A-Wish® Oklahoma’s mission.
• Imagination, vision, leadership, and integrity.
• A minimum of five years of major gift fundraising with individuals/corporations in a professional capacity and/or a minimum of five years of chairing diversified fundraising programs, as a volunteer with demon-strated results.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of senior management experience, with increasing levels of responsibility and management of staff, preferably with direct stewardship of Boards of Directors.
• Experience leading a complex organization through significant growth and/or change.
• Proven track record of management success with comparable P&L, planning, and operations responsibilities.
• Understanding the importance the organization and its volunteers have in their local communities.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies, including key community leaders and organizations.
• A demonstrated ability to plan and operate strategically, to build public support, to strengthen infrastruc-ture, to inspire staff and the Board of Directors, and to develop effective programs.
• Exceptional financial, organizational, and administrative skills.
• Excellent knowledge of fiscal management, budgeting, and cash flow management.
• The ability to plan, set goals and objectives, organize, and follow through.
• The ability to draft formal letters/communications as well as edit written materials for the chapter.
• A strong interpersonal and communication skill set, and demonstrated ability to work effectively with and gain the respect and support of varied and changing constituencies, including staff, Board members, po-tential donors, volunteers, and others.
• A team builder with a track record of effective staff management, including hiring, rewarding, and retain-ing talented managers and administrative staff members.
• Ability to juggle many responsibilities at once and to operate both independently and with the flexibility to be part of a team.
• Computer literate: Knowledge of Word and Excel and ability to learn database software.
• Bachelor’s degree required, with an advanced degree preferred.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
• Commitment to the mission of Make-A-Wish Oklahoma, with the credibility and persuasiveness to secure support from others.
• A manager who leads by example and exemplifies the values and ethics of the organization.
• An organized individual with strong creative and conceptual skills.
• A hands-on, engaged leader who functions effectively without being autocratic or political; must be a team player who is inclusive, flexible, creative, energetic, and fair minded.
• A decisive and resourceful individual with the willingness to accept responsibility and take charge of re-sults, and is able to work successfully with limited resources.
• A self-starter who is confident enough to express opinions, forging ahead when appropriate and holding back when necessary, and sensitive to the feelings and opinions of others.
• An energetic person who is emotionally mature and dependable; a collegial individual.
• Lead a collaborative process with the Board of Directors and its committees, executing decisions effec-tively and ensuring that the Board of Directors and its committees are informed of critical developments in a timely and effective manner.
• Collaborate closely with the Board of Directors and staff to create vision as well as execute and expand upon the strategic plan and budget.
• Continue to support the development and cultivation of a strong Board of Directors, representative of the diverse community. Additionally, willing to lead and contribute to the development of the programs and play an integral role in developing prospects, cultivating major donors and funding agencies.
• Manage and direct a comprehensive fund development plan that identifies prospects and donors and enhances the short and long term diversified funding base.
• Continue to raise the public profile of Make-A-Wish Oklahoma by serving as the spokesperson and advo-cate for the chapter, as well as being a visible, visionary and influential leader and fundraiser in the com-munity.
• Define and execute the strategy of effectively mobilizing volunteers in support of its programs.
• Ensure that the organization is effectively structured and staffed with competent employees.
• Lead, motivate, manage and develop staff to invoke passion about the mission of Make-A-Wish Oklaho-ma, and foster an environment committed to continuous improvement.
• Manage and implement an effective performance management system for all employees which will in-clude setting objectives and evaluation on an annual basis.
• Guide the increased awareness and impact of the organization, clearly articulating its mission, vision, programs, and strategic direction.
• Continuously assess community needs, evaluating partnership opportunities to promote programs uniquely suited to the mission.
• Oversee and execute programmatic excellence by establishing operational benchmarks and setting time-lines to achieve strategic goals. Continually review and evaluate programs and report findings to the Board of Directors accordingly.
• Ensure that wish referrals and completed wishes reflect the diversity of the region and the communities served.
• Ensure fiduciary responsibility, sound financial management, and financial accountability for contribu-tions, income, and all other Make-A-Wish assets. Ensure public accountability consistent with Make-A-Wish® Foundation of America policies.
• Oversee facilities, risk management and operational management.
• Ensure the Chapter is meeting the standards and performance measures established by Make A Wish® America.
• Work collaboratively with Make-A-Wish® America, other Make-A-Wish chapters and major donors, vol-unteer leadership, community organizations, and businesses in the region.
• Execute all other reasonable duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.