Assists the Chief Financial Officer in managing various internal operations of the Finance Department, maintaining and providing financial information regarding the organization’s financial activities that will assist leadership, internal stakeholders, and the Board of Directors in making educated financial decisions regarding the organization.
1. Assists the Chief Financial Officer in the oversight of the activities of the Finance Department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, cash flow, budgets, audits, grantor funding, investments, collections, and billing.
2. Assists in the management and oversight of the activities of Accounts Payable and Payroll, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchases, petty cash, employee expense reports, mileage payments, cash control, payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance, year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports; and Paychex liaison/issue resolution management. Review and approve all internal check requests.
3. Assists in the management and oversight of the activities of Accounts Receivable, ensuring the accurate and timely management of all Accounts Receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts, grant “drawdowns,” and grant funding reports.
4. Assists the Chief Financial Officer to ensure corporate federal and state tax compliance and the accurate and timely completion of all corporate tax documentation.
5. Performs various month end closing functions and reporting.
6. Reconcile various general ledger accounts and subsidiary ledger accounts.
7. Prepare journal entries.
8. Ensure the Finance Department staff provides assistance to Program leaders to research and resolve service recipient financial issues.
9. Ensure financial compliance with all state and federal contracts.
10. Establish and maintain processes and systems which maintain exacting financial controls.
11. Provide managerial support to the Chief Financial Officer as needed and as required to meet the organization’s accounting needs.
12. Will manage a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports pertaining to the organization’s finances.
13. Will assist the Chief Financial Officer in hiring Finance Department staff.
14. Will ensure all staff are cross-trained sufficiently to perform other’s duties in instances of illness, vacation, and other absences.
• Work in organizations which provide supports to people with developmental disabilities and experience with state billing and grant funding accounting will receive preference.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to maintain accurate records and present data contained in those records in a timely manner.
• Ability to share information through coaching teaching and training.
• Advanced user of all MS Office Suite applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Advanced to expert level user of Excel.
• Possess a valid Social Security Card.
• Possess a valid Oklahoma Driver’s License.
• Have reliable transportation.
• Proof of current car insurance (your name must be on the policy).
• Maintain an acceptable driving record, Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation criminal history checks, and Community Service Registry Record checks.
• Ability to handle sensitive issues while protecting others' welfare.
• Ability to exercise patience, understanding, creativity, and flexibility.