• Provides strengths-based case management to approximately 12-15 tenants as assigned. Case management will involve screening, intake, assessment, individual service plan development, monitoring, home visits, linkage to appropriate community resources and follow-up, tracking tenant outcomes, advocacy, and appropriate discharge.
• Maintains precise and accurate documentation of case management services, including client files and entries into the program database.
• Assists participants with completing lease agreements and obtaining other supportive documents such as identification, social security cards and so forth as required by leasing agents/property.
• Maintains up-to-date information regarding tenant occupancy, move-outs, and vacancies.
• Assists tenants in accessing and maintaining and entitlements and benefits.
• Assists tenants in achieving goals relating to HUD grant compliance; focuses on meeting the specific needs of each individual or family through joint development and implementation of Individualized Service Plans (ISP).
• Uses Motivational Interviewing skills in working with clients on their ISPs, etc.
• Participates in Coordinated Case Management with Homeless Alliance co-located partner agencies.
• Facilitates groups and activities for Homeless Alliance supportive housing program participants.
• Facilitates and coordinates supportive activities with Homeless Alliance partners, including employment assistance programs, job readiness training, financial education, and parenting skills.
• Following Evidence Based Life Skills curriculum, instruct tenants on communication and self-advocacy skills to assist this population to develop and retain the life skills needed to maintain residential stability.
• Advocates for needed services and assists tenants in meeting the obligations of tenancy.
• Transports clients as needed.
• Establishes and maintains collaborative working relationship with community resources; attends and participates in appropriate coalition and other community resource meetings.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Strong writing, reading, listening and speaking communications skills.
• Able to set and observe appropriate boundaries with clients.
• Possess well developed, decision making skills, attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
• Ability to excel in a diverse, collaborative team environment.
• Possess a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential Homeless Alliance, client, donor, and employee information and situations.
• Able to multi-task and remain calm in demanding and unpredictable situations.
• Possess ability to understand various Homeless Alliance operations and procedures.
• Able to maintain a professional, customer service-oriented attitude at all times.
• Ability to meet face-to-face with homeless individuals of diverse backgrounds and disabilities, including physical, mental, substance abuse, HIV/AIDS, etc.; able to develop rapport, provide information, and refer with sensitivity to cultural issues.
• Ability to work and communicate with staff, clients and their families, donors, vendors, community agencies, etc. to meet their needs in a polite, courteous and cooperative manner, yet appropriate assertive as situation may demand.
• Display a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
• Possess excellent time management skills and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Ability to transport individuals as needed, and travel to various sites and locations daily.
• Able to meet a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends and available on-call for emergencies by telephone and/or cell phone.
• Bilingual a plus.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time in an office environment and must be able to lift/move weight up to 25lbs. Employee is also required to accept incoming calls and must be able to hear and speak. Must have visual acuity to read and draft reports, memos, letters, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision adequate for the incumbent perform the responsibilities and functions of the job efficiently. Must have the manual dexterity to manually operate and use a computer. The noise level is moderate; non-smoking environment.
The qualifications, physical demands, and work environment described herein are representative of those an employee will encounter and must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.